Good quality planting material is one of the main factors in increasing production. These planting materials should be accessible to farmers when needed and at cost affordable to farmers. This service aims to make readily available good quality planting materials to farmers at reasonable prices.
Initially, only a few vegetables seeds were disseminated. The service later expanded to provide other commodities, as the demand for diversification to other crops increased.
The following seeds and/or planting materials are available for dissemination from the station:
- Vegetable seeds such as okra, squash, ampalaya, snap beans
- Asexually propagated planting materials of fruit crop such as lanzones, rambutan, chico, calamansi, abiu, mangosteen, mango, durian, batuan, and lemon
- Mushroom spawns and fruiting bags
- Sugarcane variety cane-points
- Root crops such as cassava, sweet potato, ube, and taro
- Corn-glutinous variety as green corn and IPB Var # 6 as staple corn
- Sweet sorghum (SPV 422 variety)
- Legumes such as mungbean and pole sitao
Duration / Date:
Continuing as long as there are available planting materials for dissemination; the production of these planting materials is also continuing
Target / Beneficiaries:
Farmers (e.g., agrarian reform beneficiaries, etc), private entrepreneurs, government organizations, private organizations, local government organizations, and the general public
Cost of Participation:
The planting materials and seeds are available at minimal cost.
Office in Charge:
University of the Philippines Los Baños College of Agriculture and Food Science La Granja Research and Training Station (UPLBCAFS-LGRTS)
Dr. Emmanuel G. Samson
La Granja, La Carlota City, Negros Occidental
Mobile: 09778503402 & 09988550230
E-mail: [email protected]